About Attractions & Things to Do
Information about attractions and things to do is provided for the Tri-Cities Washington metropolitan area and other nearby communities including Benton City, Connell, Dayton, Hermiston, Milton-Freewater, Moses Lake & Grant County Communites, Pendleton, Prosser, Toppenish, Waitsburg, Walla Walla, and Yakima from community and tourism related organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, visitor centers, downtown foundations, etc. (see List of Communities & Area Map).
Weekly Events, Attractions & Things To Do
Visit the author's blog, Events, Attractions & Things to Do in Tri-Cities Washington, for a weekly list of things to do and more in the Tri-Cities area.
Attractions and Annual Events in the Tri-Cities
- Columbia River Cowboy Gathering & Music Festival
- Indoor Garage Sale - also in June, August & October
- Lakeside Gem & Mineral Club's Annual Rock 'n' Gem Show
Community Event Calendars
The following is a list of community event calendars for the Tri-Cities:
Tri-Cities Sports Leagues
The Tri-Cities is home to a minor league baseball team, an indoor football league team, a western hockey league team, and a women's flat track roller derby league.
Tri-Cities Washington Guide
There are a lot of other attractions and things to do in the Tri-Cities area that are covered by other topics on Tri-Cities Washington Guide that include:
- Art & Music Festivals - Performing & Visual Arts
- Bands, Musicians, Venues, Live Music
- Breweries & Brewpubs, Bottle Shops & Taphouses, Beer & Hop Festivals
- Farmers' Markets and Local Food & Farm Producers
- Geology - Ice Age Floods - Tri-Cities & Southeastern Washington
- Hobby, Recreation & Social Organizations
Benton City is located a short distance from the Tri-Cities as you drive up to Prosser and other places of interest in the Yakima Valley and is located at the foot of Red Mountain, a premier wine growing region. Some of the attractions include the following:
The City of Connell is short drive from the Tri-Cities and offers something for everyone including rock hunting, antiquing, biking, taking in a movie or splashing around at the water park. Some of the attractions include the following:
The Dayton Chamber of Commerce provides information for tourists including lodging and dining, maps, history, events, recreation, and area profile. Also, view the Touchet River Valley Visitor's Guide that covers Dayton, Prescott, Starbuck, Waitsburg and Walla Walla. The following are some of the attractions in Dayton:
- All Wheels Weekend - June
- Blue Mountain Brix & Brew - beer & wine social, benefit silent auction - March
- Boldman House Museum
- Chief Spring's Fire and Irons Brew Pub - small batch hand-crafted ales and pub food
- Christmas Kickoff - November
- Dayton on Tour - fall festival, art walk, historic home tours - October
- Heirloom Gardeners Food & Wine Weekend - September
- Historic Dayton Depot - the oldest surviving train depot in the state
- Historic Districts - self-guided walking tours
- Monteillet Fromagerie - artisanal chevre cheeses
- The Liberty Theater - current movies, art shows, stage productions
The Hermiston Chamber of Commerce provides information for tourists including lodging, dining and area attractions. Also, check out the Hermiston Visitors Guide. The following are some of the attractions in Hermiston:
The Milton-Freewater Chamber of Commerce provides information for tourists including attractions, lodging and dining, wineries, events, and area highlights. Also, check out the Milton-Freewater Visitors Guide. In addition, Milton-Freewater Travel has additional information. The following are some of the attractions in Milton-Freewater:
Moses Lake & Grant County Communities
Columbia Basin Herald Publications
The Columbia Basin Herald in Moses Lake has published several guides that you may view online that cover Moses Lake lifestyles, Grant County tourism, hunting and fishing, and more.
Moses Lake Chamber of Commerce
The Moses Lake Chamber of Commerce offers a directory of local attractions that include museums and art centers, Surf 'n Slide Water Park, wildlife refugee and bird watching, fishing and hunting, and sand dunes/off road vehicle recreation.
Grant County Tourism Commission's Visitor Guide
The Grant County Tourism Commission's Visitor Guide promotes "Washington's Great Escape" and includes information on attractions, recreation, accommodations, restaurants and services for Moses Lake and the greater Grant County.
Local Attractions in Moses Lake
The following are some of the attractions in Moses Lake:
Attractions in other Grant County Communities
Visit Grant County Tourism for information on attractions and things to do in Coulee City, Electric City, Ephrata, George, Grand Coulee, Mattawa, Moses Lake, Othello, Quincy, Royal City, Soap Lake, and Warden. Attraction highlights for some of these communities include the following:
- Ephrata - Central Washington Brewer's Harvest Expo - September
- Ephrata - Basin Summer Sounds Music Festival - July
- Grand Coulee - Grand Coulee Dam
- Grand Coulee - World Famous Grand Coulee Dam Laser Light Show
- George - The Gorge Amphitheater
- George - Wild Horse Monument
- Othello - Othello Sandhill Crane Festival - April
- Soap Lake - Mineral Lake - Massage Therapy
The Pendleton Chamber of Commerce provides information for tourists including lodging and dining, maps, history, events, recreation, and area profile. The following are some of the attractions in Pendleton:
- 4th of July Celebration Days
- Foot of the Hills Cowboy Gathering - May
- Heritage Station Museum
- Oregon East Symphony and Chorale
- Pendleton Cattle Barons Weekend - May
- Pendleton Center for the Arts
- Pendleton Round-up Rodeo - September
- Pendleton Underground Tours
- Pendleton Woolen Mills
- Prodigal Son Brewery & Pub
- Tamastslikt Cultural Institute
- Wildhorse Resort and Casino
The Prosser Chamber of Commerce maintains Tour Prosser which provides information for tourists including lodging and dining, wineries, recreation, and events. Also, the Prosser Record-Bulletin has published several guides that you can view online that include Prosser Our Town, The Grape Vine, Classic Cars, The Great Prosser Balloon Rally, and a few others.
The following are some of the attractions in Prosser:
- 4th of July Show & Shine
- Annual Harvest Festival - September
- Art Walk & Wine Gala - July
- Benton County Museum
- Blue Flame Spirits - distillery & tasting room
- Chukar Cherries - various products made from cherries
- Family Christmas Festival - Early December
- Horse Heaven Hills Brewery
- Princess Theater & Valley Theater Company
- Prosser Balloon Rally - September
- Prosser States Day - September
- Prosser Wine and Food Fair - August
- Scottish Fest - June
- Wineries & Wine Tasting Rooms
- Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center
- Whitstran Brewing Co.
The Toppenish Chamber of Commerce provides information for tourists including attractions, lodging and dining, events, and area highlights. The following are some of the attractions in Toppenish:
The City of Waitsburg is located a short distance from the Tri-Cities as you drive towards Dayton and has several small town attractions. Also, view the Touchet River Valley Visitor's Guide that covers Dayton, Prescott, Starbuck, Waitsburg and Walla Walla.
- Classic Auto Show - May
- Laht Neppur Brewing Co.
- Lions Club All-You-Can-Eat Rib Feed - May
- Lions Club All-You-Can-Eat Salmon BBQ - September
- Memorial Day Celebration - May
- Pioneer Fall Festival - September
- Touchet River Roundup - May
- Tour of Walla Walla Bicycle Race - April
- Waitsburg Luminary - November
- Waitsburg Parade - May
Downtown Walla Walla Foundation
The Downtown Walla Walla Foundation promotes the history, commerce and culture of downtown Walla Walla including shopping, wine tasting, and food.
Share Walla Walla
Tourism Walla Walla maintains Share Walla Walla to promote the attractions, art, outdoors, wines, restaurants, and lodging in Walla Walla.
Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce
Discover Walla Walla! Whether you're an art enthusiast, wine connoisseur, birder or just looking for a weekend getaway, Walla Walla has something for you. For more information, visit the Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Walla Walla Visitors Guide
The Union Bulletin has published the 2014 Walla Walla Visitors Guide that you can view online.
Some of the attractions in Walla Walla include the following:
- 4th of July Celebration
- Annual Wine Events
- Feast Walla Walla - April
- Fort Walla Walla Museum
- Gesa Power House Theatre
- Holiday Parade of Lights - December
- Kirkman House Museum
- Mill Creek Brew Pub
- Pioneer Park Aviary
- Shakespeare Walla Walla
- Walla Walla Balloon Stampede - May
- Walla Walla Chamber Music Festival - June
- Walla Walla Distilling Company
- Walla Walla Fair and Frontier Days - August
- Walla Walla Summer Dance Festival - July
- Walla Walla Sweet Onion Festival - July
- Walla Walla Valley Quilt Festival - September
- Wheelin' Walla Walla Weekend - September
Watch what's happening around Walla Walla by viewing several webcams.
Blogs, Essays and Videos
365 things to do in Walla Walla
New to Walla Walla, WA? Been around a while and feel like you need to try something new? Check out 365 things to do in Walla Walla.
Mother's Day Weekend Retreat
My Town Walla Walla
My Town Walla Walla is about old buildings, current community interests, contests, event info, helping small businesses by promotion, etc.
Nightlife Walla Walla
It's all in the name of love for Walla Walla! The Night Life, Entertainment, Live Music, Wine Events, Art, Culture, Fundraisers! Any happenings in the Walla Walla Valley, you can find them at Nightlife Walla Walla.
Sam McLeod's Guide to Downtown Walla Walla
Tourism Walla Walla sponsored the production of several videos for posting on YouTube to promote tourism. These videos feature Steve Johnson who plays the role of Sam McLeod. The first video is about Sam's attempt to shoot Sam McLeod's Guide to Downtown Walla Walla for his friend Larry, showing him Walla Walla's beautiful downtown.
Walla Walla Lifestyles
Walla Walla Lifestyles is a blog about the Walla Walla Valley's people, wine & food.
Walla Walla Live Music Scene
To find live music in Walla Walla, view the following:
The Committee for Downtown Yakima
The Committee for Downtown Yakima provides information on shopping, dining, events, arts and culture, and lodging.
Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce has a long list of attractions and things to see and do in Yakima and other nearby communities in the Yakima Valley.
Yakima County Development Association
The Yakima County Development Association has published a list of attractions that include museums & attractions, arts & entertainment, food & wine, sports, outdoor recreation, and family things to do.
The Yakima Herald Republic newspaper publishes the Yakima magazine which is about "High Desert Living." This magazine is community focused on the arts, entertainment, food and wine, home and garden, outdoors, and travel.
Yakima Valley Visitors & Convention Bureau
Yakima Valley Visitors & Convention Bureau promotes things to see and do in Downtown Yakima, Prosser, Toppenish, Union Gap and Zillah. They also have an online Yakima Valley Official Visitor's Guide and maintain the Yakima Valley Visitor's Center.
Some of the attractions in Yakima include the following:
- A Case of the Blues and All that Jazz - August
- Annual Luminaria - December
- Central Washington State Fair - September
- Downtown Holiday Light Parade - December
- Fresh Hop Ale Festival - October
- McAllister Museum of Aviation
- Yakima Folklife Festival - July
- Yakima Speedway
- Yakima Valley Museum
- Yakima Valley Trolleys
Yakima Live Music Scene
Experience revitalized Downtown Yakima with new wine lounges, restaurants, art galleries, quaint shops and a nearly constant line-up of unique live music. View the Yakima Valley Live music calendar.